Features & Benefits
PrePex was created to offer global HIV prevention stakeholders the ability to achieve country wide coverage of VMMC, safely and efficiently, as part of a combination HIV prevention strategy, alongside counseling, condom dissemination and other WHO proven methods.
Key Public Healthcare Benefits
Key Patient Benefits
- • Safe- Device recommended by WHO for Scale-Up in Rwanda in March 2011, following rigorous clinical validation for safety and efficacy.
- • Simple - Easy to train, to place and remove by minimally skilled nurses, facilitating task shifting and freeing up mission-critical infrastructure and resources for life saving procedures.
- • Scalable - Average of 4.5 minutes total procedure time including all preparations, device placement and removal. The device is disposable and requires no sterile facilities or settings.
- • Cost Effective- Affordable for public health and designed to maximize aid funds, compared with the surgical technique. Easy to ship, store and distribute with only 5 adult sizes.
- • Acceptability- High patient satisfaction rate of end cosmetic result; many more volunteers than needed throughout studies.
- • No needles
- • No loss of blood
- • Various sizes designed to minimize discomfort during involuntary erections
- • Back to daily routine immediately after procedure
- • Aesthetic cosmetic results (no stitches/sutures)
- • No intimidating masks or operating room (theatre) settings
- • Small inner ring is discreet – no bulges in clothing.